10 Articles We Liked in 2018
by XSOLIS Insights, on Dec 18, 2018 6:00:00 AM
As we look back upon what happened across the healthcare industry in 2018, the opportunities in 2019 couldn’t be brighter or more timely. We’ve compiled a few of the resources we enjoyed reading or listening to this year which we hope will inspire transformation and change for you and your organization in the New Year. Enjoy!
- PWC reports Top health industry issues of 2019
Key insight: Artificial intelligence and automation will require healthcare organizations to train their workforce to succeed in a digital economy. Almost half of executives surveyed said skill deficiencies among their workforce are holding their organization back, yet few employers are offering training in AI, robotics and automation or data analytics.
- 7 healthcare leaders share the industry problem they would eliminate overnight
Key insight: "While it won't happen overnight, in the future, we must harness the power of predictive analytics”
- 4 thoughts on 'disruption' in healthcare from NewYork-Presbyterian CIO Daniel Barchi
- Podcast: How will AI Transform Patient Experience?
Key insight: Hospitals should leverage the skills and talent of PAs and Nurses by equipping them with the tools, analytics and training they need to succeed in today’s digital age.
- Why the hospital revenue cycle is practically begging for artificial intelligence and machine learning
Key insight: The large volumes of transactions within the revenue cycle make it a perfect setting for machine learning – learning from history can help predict and change the future.
- Survey: Healthcare Orgs Ramping up Investment in AI, Confident about ROI
Key insight: 91% of health care executives are confident they will see a return on investment (ROI) on investments in artificial intelligence.
- Podcast: Cognitive Computing Can Break Down Silos Between Providers and Payers
Key insight: Inefficiencies in information sharing between healthcare providers and payers are one of the major problems driving high costs in the industry. XSOLIS CEO Joan Butters speaks with Dr. Bob Kaiser about the opportunities presented by cognitive computing in healthcare.
- The Journey: Joan Butters